Heroes of Aurora City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting to Know You~

+5
Jane Stanwood
The Curtain
The Nightwalker
Obscuritia
The Brazen Bull
9 posters

Go down

Getting to Know You~ Empty Getting to Know You~

Post  The Brazen Bull Mon May 04, 2009 11:32 pm

Hiya. I just thought, since we had no real OOC chatting threads, and since I like to know the people I'm playing with somewhat, I'd start this sort of introduction thread.

I'm your Admin here, and I play Glint, Brazen Bull, and Iron Fang. In real life, I'm an eighteen year old girl with aspirations of becoming a psychoanalyst. Or a writer. Maybe some weird chimera-esque mixture of the two. I like comic books, but I don't read as many as I ought to. My all-time favourite superhero is Batman, but the Flash is a pretty close second. My other passions include writing (fantasy, specifically), reading (dystopian novels, particularly), and theater (acting, generally). Also, my Mp3 player is full of David Bowie, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and They Might Be Giants. You can call me Ash.

...anyone else wanna go? Tell us a bit about yourself?
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Getting to Know You~ Empty Re: Getting to Know You~

Post  Obscuritia Tue May 05, 2009 12:02 am

I'll have a go. =D

'Ello, I play The Crimson Witch, Obscuritia, and Weerwolven here. In real life I am a 13 year old pagan girl with the name of Cheyenne. I would prefer you to call me Chey though. I just like the sound of it better... Anyway, I am a tiny little thing. I'm known as "Rice" (Evil, evil nickname) because of my tiny Asianness. I love photography, art, museums, scuba driving, nature, and writing. If tree-hugging was a official sport, I would make it to the Olympics. Yeah, I kinda gave up real sports. To put the story short: I just got tired of them. My dream is to become a marine biologist and move to sunny Australia. That or to become a photographer. Heh, a underwater photographer. I started scuba diving last year. Took the test and proud to say I passed it so now I am certified. =D My iPod behold ten hours of Gothic Rock, Metal, and Pop. I mostly have Evanescence, Within Temptation, and (Heh) the Bangles. Strange mixture right? I read, a lot! I love all books, except dictionaries of course. I never even dared to read those huge monsters...

Yeah, I'm weird. Proud of it though!

Last edited by Obscuritia on Sun May 10, 2009 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I play Weerwolven too now. :))
Obscuritia
Obscuritia

Back to top Go down

Post  The Nightwalker Tue May 05, 2009 1:41 am

Hello Ash and Chey =]

I'm Aileen, an Immunology and Microbiology student and I turned 20 the other day! I like comic books and on a few back issues of Batman, though it's villains I take my true interest in; The Scarecrow and The Joker are two of my favourites. Though I also like Alfred Pennyworth. He's like the best butler ever. Or is he a valet? Maybe a bit of both. Also really into Watchmen right now. (I can't be the only person who thought The Comedian = Groucho Marx on steroids?)

I like reading as well, but I haven't really been reading a lot lately. Ordered a whole bunch of Jeeves and Wooster books a while back, just waiting for them to arrive. I usually read fantasy and sci-fi but when I was younger I read detective stories. I love writing as well and am currently writing my way through a superhero novel which I hope it better than I think it is.

I like comedy, tv shows like A Bit Of Fry And Laurie and Monty Python's Flying Circus. Love The Mighty Boosh; weird and funny stuff. Don't really like comedy films so much. I prefer action, and for a hile my favourite thing ever was V For Vendetta.

Music-wise, I like most things except dance and rave. I find them very annoying. I do like Queen, The Darkness, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Oingo Boingo, some Linkin Park, Deep Purple, that kind of thing. Don't want to bore you for too long with the various lists I could produce =P

That's about it from me... *wraps it up*
The Nightwalker
The Nightwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  The Curtain Wed May 06, 2009 12:27 am

Hiya. I'm Rex. I play Blue Sunday and The Curtain. I'm twenty years old, and Ash's brother. I'm presently studying theatre in college. So far, haven't gotten casted, but I am a props guy for Speed-the-Plow. I love me some Batman (The Joker and Two-Face fucking rule!) I love South Park, Old school Simpsons, and Monty Python. I like to draw, though I am not very good, realitively.
I love movies, mostly to look at the acting, and the last good film I saw was Observe and Report (I will defend that film until I die). X-Men Orgins: Wolverine was awful!
Umm. I don't have a Mp3 player, but the music I have in my truck is a lot of Zeppelin, The Doors, and Beatles,and a lot of random 90's Alt./ Grunge stuff.
I am also a proud Liberatrian. So...suck it Two-Party system!
Well, that is all.
END TRANSMISSION!
The Curtain
The Curtain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Stanwood Wed May 06, 2009 3:57 am

Hey, I'm Elizabeth. I am playing Jane Stanwood right now. I am thirteen years old and I am Chey's best friend. We are so very alike but we look so different so it really throws people off, which is fun. :D

I love to write, it is my passion. I wish to be a writer once I am grown up. I like to write about fantasy but science fiction is good too. I'm not to good at drawing, okay fine I suck. I can draw stick figures but that's about it. Maybe a few smilies as well I guess. Reading is great, I love to read. I read just about anything. I like to just pick a random book off the shelf and read. Music is lovely. I play the flute, I don't really like it though. Mostly because my band class isn't very good, they don't like to pay attention. I would just rather listen to music. O.o Like Chey, I have a lot of Evanescence in my iTunes. We are crazy Evanescence rockers that throw books at people who judge us. :)

I am at Chey's house like 24/7 so yeah... we spend a lot of time together.

(She beholds the magical Apple computer which I am fascinated with. It's shiny. So very shiny. So pretty compared to my icky PC. Damn PCs to hell. Sorry I had to get that out. But that's not the reason why I'm over at her house. Of course not! *Chews nails nervously*)

Anyway, I wrote to much about myself so I better wrap this up. *Long pause* Ok it's wrapped up.

Bai!

Last edited by Jane Stanwood on Wed May 06, 2009 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm a dork...)

Jane Stanwood

Back to top Go down

Post  The Soul Mender Sat May 09, 2009 2:40 am

Greetings. My name is Philip, and I am sixteen years of age. I play The Soul Mender. I do not know any of you; the mighty power of Google is the friend that guided me here. I have been roleplaying on forums for four years as of two days ago, and have played pen and paper role playing games for about five and a half years.

I read, write, sing, play the clarinet, computer game (which is somehow a verb in the modern era), fence, practice archery, watch television on hulu (I don't have cable or anything), paint and play Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k, and annoy other people into the depths of hell by correcting their grammar. My music is mostly classical, much of it ripped from video game soundtracks and often with celtic influences, alongside a decent amount of Jazz and the odd modern song I happen to like. I am typing this on an apple laptop that has seen one too many games of the greatest strategy game ever, Starcraft, and also hosts Windows XP through boot camp, allowing me to play such favorites as Half Life 2, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Neverwinter Nights, Heroes 3 of Might and Magic, and City of Heroes/Villains. I hope to get into the Champions Online beta.

I own almost every issue of Batman from the 1940's; Golden Age Batman comics are definitely my favorite, though the little-known Marvel hero Nova runs a close second, at least in the first compendium. As stated in my bio, I am taking an art course; I'm pretty bad at realistic drawings, so the things I make tend to come out intentionally distorted to hide this fact. My favorite movies are the Star Wars Trilogy, which I can say because there were only ever three movies made, the original three; when I meet George Lucas in the afterlife, I will first congratulate him on making a lasting epic, then kill him a second time for doing his best to destroy it. My favorite TV series is Firefly; the managers of Fox who canceled it will be the next group I track down to kill a second time.

My career remains very much in doubt; I will perhaps be a professor of Dark Age history, or perhaps a lawyer, or a doctor, or a counselor. Regardless, it is my intent to attend the University of Chicago. I am a Christian, and consider myself party independent (politically, to be clear).

That concludes my self-important rant.

The Soul Mender

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Sat May 09, 2009 4:58 am

...we're on Google? ...oh, gee whiz, we are! How very exciting.

By the way Philip, you like Batman, Neverwinter Nights, and have plans to kill George Lucas for the last three Star Wars movies? ...I think I love you. Have my babies. (I kid, I kid. ...maybe.)
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  The Soul Mender Sun May 10, 2009 12:42 am

I would have put Mass Effect in there, too, if my computer could run it, and KotOR and KotOR 2 if my computer could load their textures properly. Sadly, none of this is true, but one fact remains certain: I look to Bioware as the greatest makers of computer RPGs on the planet. Neverwinter Nights never gets old; whatever people may say about the graphics, it has beautiful storylines, interesting NPCs, an interface that's just complicated enough to be engaging without getting clunky, and a soundtrack to die for. I can't wait for The Old Republic; if anyone can make a story-based MMO, it's Bioware.

Sorry, I had to rant about that. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only fan.

It is also good to see that others recognize the fact that Darth Vader's transformation into a small and whiny child who becomes evil for the sake of his beloved who never ages only to turn around and kill her because of his issues, then whines about it later, is the greatest film travesty of the twenty-first century, and I do not think it will ever be surpassed. Sure, there have been a lot of bad movies, but at least they started bad (The Matrix excepted; there was only one) instead of pulling something good with them when they fell into the hell they so rightfully deserve.

Not entirely sure about the babies, but it is refreshing to meet someone who shares my interests. Cheers!

The Soul Mender

Back to top Go down

Post  Frederich Glint Sun May 10, 2009 2:23 am

I can relate to the computer related gaming problems. I can't play NWN2 on my desktop or on my laptop because neither has a new enough visual processor to run it. I had to play it on my brother's laptop, and the early version of Vista installed on that makes it so slow an unweildy that it's not even worth it.

Y'know, I'm actually at a loss for which movie of the second trilogy was crappiest. They were all very boring, and way too flashy. I despise it when movies are all about the FX as opposed to being about deeper substances. I mean, hell, some actual character development would have been nice. But, no, instead we got whiney, OMG-I'm-so-ubertalented Anikin always angsting about something. He was, quite seriously, just like every other melodramatic teenager in America. Newsflash for George Lucas: puberty does not turn you evil. It just makes people want to break a bottle on your face.
Frederich Glint
Frederich Glint
Admin

http://auroracity.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Curtain Mon May 11, 2009 5:20 am

HA!
The Curtain
The Curtain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Sun May 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Oh, my bad. I didn't even notice this forum.

Hey there. My name is Sophia, and I am sixteen years young. I play Ember, as you can see. However, I don't have very many characteristics of her. The only thing we have in common is that we are not shy. I love to preform in theater, sing, and dance. I wish to becoming an actress someday, and follow my mother's dancing footsteps. I also love writing and sketching random things. I have a large sketchbook full of different drawings of mine. It is my most valuable materialistic item I have. I keep it in a safe behind a portrait, just kidding (Maybe).

I have a large range of music on my iPod. Full of the Cranberries, P!nk, Bjork (Hehe), Flyleaf, and Green Day. Oh, wow. I just realized how weird I am O.o!

I'm also a X-Men fan. You don't even want to see the face I made when I was watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine. How they changed Deadpool made me want to hurt someone! My brother had to keep me from throwing my popcorn at the movie screen, just kidding (Maybe). I liked Deadpool in the comics. A crazy smart ass who loves to fight! *Growls* The movie makers should die for taking his mouth away and putting swords into his skin.

Anyway, enough about my fury with the movie makers.
Ember
Ember

Back to top Go down

Post  Weerwolven Mon May 18, 2009 3:12 am

Nice to meet you Sophia and Philip.

I understand your fury about Deadpool, Sophia. Did you know at the end of the credits there was an scene where Deadpool's hand reaches for his head (His mouth is now open) and he whispers, "Shh..." I was like: YES! Hope that cheers you up! :D
Weerwolven
Weerwolven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Curtain Thu May 21, 2009 1:27 am

What?! Really? Sweet!!
The Curtain
The Curtain

Back to top Go down

Post  Weerwolven Thu May 21, 2009 2:13 am

I know. It was AMAZING. XD
Weerwolven
Weerwolven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Curtain Thu May 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Oh. How I want a Dead Pool movie! The real Dead Pool, not the overpowered one from the end of Wolverine.
The Curtain
The Curtain

Back to top Go down

Post  Weerwolven Fri May 22, 2009 1:33 am

I agree. I'm not a hard core Deadpool fan, but he is a great character. He is hilarious!
Weerwolven
Weerwolven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Soul Mender Fri May 22, 2009 5:00 am

This isn't the optimal place to put this, but there does not appear to be a better alternative.

I have not dropped off the face of the Earth, but I probably won't be posting for a little bit. Perhaps over the weekend, if all goes well. I have finals coming up, spent the last two days taking major tests before even arriving at finals, and thus I've ended up more bombed than Dresden. I'll start a thread when I wake up.

The Soul Mender

Back to top Go down

Post  Weerwolven Fri May 22, 2009 11:31 am

We will miss your highly skilled grammar Philip!
Weerwolven
Weerwolven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Soul Mender Sat May 30, 2009 9:09 pm

Hey, all. I'm back, and even semiconscious. Finals ended yesterday, thank God, and I should be able to resume activity now.

The Soul Mender

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum