Heroes of Aurora City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Grievious Wound

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Grievious Wound Empty A Grievious Wound

Post  Frederich Glint Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:29 am

Frederich Glint's power faltered just outside of the Society's HQ. His body turned solid and he came crashing to the ground, a bloody mess. In his flying form he was made of light, and so his condition could not worsen. However, he was weak and it was dark, and he hadn't the energy to keep from turning back to flesh. Blood poured from the ruptured vessels, filling his injured lung. As he stumbled through the doors of the Crusader's Head Quarters, he felt as if he was drowning. Glint gasped for breath--sputtered, choked and wheezed.

The lights flickered in the lobby as he drew power from them. He needed enough energy to just keep going. He couldn't talk; couldn't get on his communicator to page the medical wing. As the lights went out in the lobby, Glint collapsed against the elevator doors, leaving a large, bloody smear. He slammed his hand down on the open button, and the doors parted. Frederich Glint tumbled into the elevator in a heap and pressed for the medical floor. Gurgling up blood, he passed into unconciousness as the the elevator began its ascent.
Frederich Glint
Frederich Glint
Admin

http://auroracity.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

A Grievious Wound Empty Re: A Grievious Wound

Post  Ivory Sparrow Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:13 am

The young woman with soft white hair was sitting by Dr. Evans reading a newspaper article. "Have you heard of that terrorist attack, Dr. Evans?" Suddenly, as if totally out of nowhere, she heard the elevator door open with a ding. She rushed to the elevator and gasped, "Dr. Evans, we have a seriously injured Crusader here." For such a small woman she was able to pull him out of the elevator and hold his head up with her hand as she knelt beside him. "Good God..." She looked at the wound and the hole left in his suit. "Wait Dr. Evans don't come any closer!" She remembered when she overheard Glint talking with someone about how he couldn't be out of this suit or it would poison living creatures. But she knew that Aurora City couldn't survive without the Crusader's leader. So she put her hand gently over his wound, risking the chance of being poisoned by the radioactivity. She coughed as she began healing the wound. This was a sign that she couldn't go too fast when healing, or else she could risk possible death. But her coughing wouldn't stop. She grabbed a handkerchief out of her pocket with her free hand and coughed into it. When she removed it from her face she saw speckles of blood. The wound was getting better but Isabelle was worsening.
It took about three minutes for the wound to seal and once it did Isabelle was completely exhausted and sick. Her dark brown eye now had a crystal blue center which was not a good sign at all. She tried to support herself so she wouldn't fall onto of Glint by using her free hand to prop herself up. She was breathing heavily and slightly swaying side to side, "Dr... Evans... What are... we going... to... do...?" her voice was muffled as if someone put a hand over her mouth.
Ivory Sparrow
Ivory Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Frederich Glint Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:28 pm

Dr. Evans was rushing to put on one of the HAZMAT suits used for Glint's examinations. Half dressed in it, he rushed back over to the woman. "Damnit, Isabelle--you shouldn't take risks like that!" he said, though it wasn't clear if he meant touching radioactive Glint, or trying to heal such a wound. He grabbed her shoulders to steady her. "You need to sit down. Don't exert yourself."

On the ground near them, Frederich Glint was coming back around. The soft gurgling of his unconcious breathing was becoming a panicked wheezing. "Christ--his lung must be filled with blood," said Dr Evans, reaching over the desk. Be pulled out a large syringe from a drawer and, peeling it out of its wrapping, he ran to the Crusader and jammed it in, between his ribs. "Get on a HAZMAT suit; it looks like he's got a broken arm, and God knows what else. We're going to have to treat it--and no more of that magic healing crap, either."
Frederich Glint
Frederich Glint
Admin

http://auroracity.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivory Sparrow Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:06 pm

"Damn it Adrian... Don't scold... me right... now, please. People... need Glint... more than... me." said Isabelle as she attempted to stand up. "Magic healing crap... Well... that healing... crap saved... many lives... over... the years... including... mine, Adrian." said Isabelle, her tone kept rising and falling uncontrollably. She felt so dizzy and disoriented. She stood up then put her back against the wall. She looked up at the ceiling, it seemed to be spinning. "So what if... I lose my... eye color? That's... all that will... happen." she closed her eyes then opened them up again. The room still spun as if she was on a carousel. "Just... a little... dizzy. I will... be fine... in a... second."

Last edited by Ivory Sparrow on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Ivory Sparrow
Ivory Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Evans Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:19 am

"Isabelle," said Dr Evans quietly. He pulled back the plunger of the syringe, filling it with dark blood. Capping the needle, he put in one of his coat pockets, and quickly pulled his HAZMAT suit all the way back on. "I just don't think you should put yourself in harm's way like that," he said. "I--...the world needs you just as much as it needs anyone. Even Glint. Now let's get him on a gurney and get him to the emergency O.R. We need to take a look around in there for a bullet, set that arm, and finish draining that lung."
Dr Evans
Dr Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivory Sparrow Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:34 am

"That's very sweet... of you Adrian, but you know that's not.. true." she muttered with her eyes still closed. As she opened her eyes again the carousel-like room was starting to slow down. There wasn't much brown left in her eye only a unnatural crystal blue. "HAZMAT suit... Need to get one first... Logical..." she said releasing herself from the wall. She stumbled a bit but then got her balance. However, she walked as if intoxicated by alcohol.
She returned quickly with a HAZMAT suit now on. "Alright, Adrian. I'm ready."
Ivory Sparrow
Ivory Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Evans Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:55 am

While she got into her suit, Dr Evans wheel a gurney over to the wounded Crusader. "Alright, help me lift him," he said. "Careful, though. If he has a broken arm, he could very well have a broken spine, as well."

Glint made a slight gurgling sound as he passed between conciousness and unconciousness. "...got...shot," he muttered, in one of the moments where he was concious.

"So we saw," replied Dr Evans. "Alright--lift on three. One, two, three--"
Dr Evans
Dr Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivory Sparrow Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:12 am

Isabelle helped Adrian lift Glint onto the gurney without difficulty. "I didn't think Glint would the one to get shot..." said Isabelle as Adrian and her pushed the gurney.
Ivory Sparrow
Ivory Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Evans Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:55 am

"Me neither," said Dr Evans as they reached the OR. "Alright; --you take some biopsy needles and drain the lungs. I'll get full-body x-rays so we can see what sort of damage he's got."

"I f--I fell down," mumbled Glint sleepily. "Got shot..."
Dr Evans
Dr Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivory Sparrow Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:03 am

"Right." said Isabelle walking over to a metal table where the needles where kept. She grabbed a biopsy needle then walked back over to the gurney. "His attacker must have snuck up on him." She began to drain his lung, flinching as soon as the needle pierced his skin.
Ivory Sparrow
Ivory Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Evans Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:10 am

"I hope so. Or 'God help us all', right?" said Dr Evans, bringing over the movable arm of the x-ray machine. "Lung's filled with fluid; no surpise there. Looks like the bullet passed all the way through; that good. Ah--broken arm, like I though. Looks like a couple of ribs are broken, too. Aaaand, a nasty impacted fracture in his left ankle. We'll give him an MRI to check his organs more thoroughly, but it looks like you got the lung healed. Good job."
Dr Evans
Dr Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivory Sparrow Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:23 am

Isabelle smiled, "Thank you, Adrian." She pulled out the needle then she healed the tiny hole left from it. This didn't cause any noticeable damage to her since it was so small. "Do you think we should contact the Brazen Bull? I hope he took his communicator this time... We should tell him to be on the look out for the shooter..."
Ivory Sparrow
Ivory Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Evans Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:33 am

"I don't know how to do that," said Dr Evans. "But if you do, that'd probably be a good idea. I can finish up here." He picked up a pair of scissors and began to cut Glint's suit away from his broken arm. As soon as the fabric was off his flesh, a brilliant glow filled the room. Pulling down a dark visor on his suit--something much like a welding visor--Dr Evans continued his work. "We're not going to get much information about the shooter though untill this guy comes around..."
Dr Evans
Dr Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivory Sparrow Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:48 am

Isabelle nodded, "Alright. Be careful." She walked out of the OR and got out of her HAZMAT suit. She ran over to a small table with the newspaper she was reading earlier. "Now where did I put that...?" She pushed the paper off the table revealing the communicator. "Yes!" She grabbed it then pressed a red button. A list of Crusader names appeared on the screen and she pressed the Brazon Bull's. "Come on Brazen, you better have your communicator or your going to be serious trouble."
Ivory Sparrow
Ivory Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:56 am

After a moment, a gruff voice answered, "What do you want? I'm in the middle of something."
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivory Sparrow Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:02 am

"Sorry to bother you but we have a bit of a situation." She sighed then continued, "Glint has been shot, most likely with a sniper. Can you please keep a look out for the shooter?"
Ivory Sparrow
Ivory Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:09 am

"Found her. Keep this line clear for emergencies," replied the Bull. "Disconnect." The line went dead.
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivory Sparrow Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:12 am

Isabelle smiled, "That was easier than I thought." She put her HAZMAT suit back on and went into the OR room, "The Brazen Bull caught the shooter."
Ivory Sparrow
Ivory Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Evans Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:19 am

"That's good," said Dr Evans. He was manipulating Glint's bones back into place. "I'm nearly done here. Just need to put the cast on."
Dr Evans
Dr Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivory Sparrow Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:25 am

"Alright, I'll just be out here if you don't have anything for me to do." She smiled at him then glanced at Glint. Her smile faded to a sympathetic look. She snapped out of it then blinked a few times. She then silently walked out of the door.
Ivory Sparrow
Ivory Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:45 am

It was quite some time later that the elevator dinged in the Crusader's Medical Wing, and the Brazen Bull stepped out, wet and bloody. He paused to wring some of the water out of his dripping cape before entering the floor further. He'd all but stopped bleeding completely from his chest; the water had washed the blood from the wound, making the hole in the midline of his body terribly obvious. Tiredly, he walked to the front desk.
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivory Sparrow Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:12 am

Isabelle was watching the news before The Brazen Bull walked in. A blonde reporter stood outside of the Aurora City Police Department who called herself Holly Kate began her report.

Reports from eye witnesses claim that Frederich Glint has been shot. We just now have been informed that his shooter was caught by none other than The Brazen Bull. The twenty-three year old Aylssa Tod--who tends to go by The Crimson Witch--is now on her way to Richard R. Payne Penitentiary. A picture of Alyssa's mug shot appeared on the screen next to the reporter. Isabelle raised a brow slightly because of the criminal's expression. Alyssa seemed to be pleased since she was eerily smiling. She would have appeared to be a attractive young girl if her eyeliner wasn't smeared and if her hair wasn't wet and tangled. "She definitely looks evil enough." muttered Isabelle. "She is so young..."

She jumped as she heard The Brazen Bull enter. "You gave me quite a scare." said Isabelle. She looked at The Brazen Bull's wound, "Oh dear. That was from The Red Witch? No... The Crimson Witch. That's it." She walked briskly over to The Brazen Bull looking quite small compared to the muscular man.
Ivory Sparrow
Ivory Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:59 am

"Yeah. She shot me while I was apprehending her. She also stabbed herself. Not much in the brains department, that girl," said Brazen Bull. He shifted uncomfortably. "I just came to see what Glint's condition was...?"
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivory Sparrow Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:20 am

"He is... stable I guess. He seems to have a couple of broken ribs, a broken arm, and a impacted fracture on his left ankle. The good news is that the bullet passed all the way through. I sealed that wound... easily, it was all I really did besides draining his lung." She seemed to have memorized everything Adrian told her. Isabelle sighed, "Sorry, I'm being a bit chatty. So much has been going on." She looked at his bullet wound then back up of what she could see of his face, the white haired woman seemed to be staring into his soul with those unnatural blue eyes. "Would you like me to take a look at your wound? The bullet is still in there most likely because of your armor, you need to get that thing out."
Ivory Sparrow
Ivory Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:00 am

Brazen Bull made an unethusiatic sound in the back of his throat. "Yeah, fine," he said. He reached up and unhooked one of his shoulder pads, causing the breastplate to loosen and dangle to the side. Pulling himself free of the shoulder pads and breast plate and cape, he set them aside in a heap. "It can't be in too deep. It doesn't really hurt much."
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum