Heroes of Aurora City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A poke in the eye

2 posters

Go down

A poke in the eye Empty A poke in the eye

Post  The Slick Lady Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:29 pm

It's 2012. I don't see anything from Mr. Glint on any of the topics since 2011. Nor really anyone else. Don't even know if you older guys still poke about here at all. But I want to take a risk and post some RP anyway, approved character or not, because this all looks very interesting, and I'd like to play. Also one of the very few decent looking superhero/villain RP sites I've found. Kinda sad to see it so...so very ghost-like.

I'm going to give it three days. If no one responds to this, then I am going to start poking at things, and wandering about this ghost town like a scavenger picking apart some ruins. The writing level here looks like it was very good, but don't worry, I won't bugger that up. Hopefully.

If someone does respond, and tell me no, then I will patiently await something happening. Or if I get a response saying "Dear God yes, let's play around!" I will be ecstatic. Anyway. Three days. I'm a student with a lot of spare time, so I will check back regularly.

The Slick Lady

Back to top Go down

A poke in the eye Empty Re: A poke in the eye

Post  The Slick Lady Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:10 pm

So, it is now Friday, and I said my peace on Tuesday. My character is in the forum if you want to check her out. I, however, am going to post today. I guess if Ash feels that's not kosher she'll delete the post. But I am trying to get people to start this up again. The last post I saw besides my own was just a few months ago, so thee's hope yet. I am also trying to drag my friends on here to help out. Maybe all the activity will cause you guys to gravitate back. Maybe. That's the hope, anyway.

I am tempted to go digging through the member list and shoot AIM, ICQ, and emails off to try and notify you what's going on, but I'll hold off on that for now. But this place seems like it was going really well, and then suddenly everyone was gone. Three years ago. What the heck happened!?

I am on a little crusade to bring life here, because it makes me too sad to see such RP die off when so much worse lives on so well. Please forgive me if you take offense. I mean well.

The Slick Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Lady Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:39 am

Hiya, Slick Lady!

I just joined today. Everyone's writing level looked fantastic and I wanted to play, too. Glint, the Brazen Bull, Obscuritia ... they all looked great. And I missed them by a year!

Goodness, I hope you're still here, Slick. I'd love to help you try to bring this RP back to life, as it's a good concept that deserves resurrection. Have you gotten in contact with the mods of the site lately?
Dragon Lady
Dragon Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  The Slick Lady Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:52 pm

Oh no, I'm still here! But it had been so long since I had received an email from this site that I had to follow the link before I knew what it was. I am still paying attention, though! Please don't run away!

The Slick Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Lady Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:37 pm

The Slick Lady wrote:Oh no, I'm still here! But it had been so long since I had received an email from this site that I had to follow the link before I knew what it was. I am still paying attention, though! Please don't run away!
Yay! It's still alive! Very Happy

If only I were here when the site was flourishing. I felt so at home when I was reading through everyone's previous posts. Do you know of anyone else that might still be around, Slick?
Dragon Lady
Dragon Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  The Slick Lady Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:35 am

I've no idea at all, unfortunately. I tried to get a line out to a few, but I never got any answers. I think it may just be us new kids.

The Slick Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Lady Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:48 am

Just the two of us? O.O

My god ... we gotta do somethin' about that, Slick! Unless, of course, you feel like RPing one-on-one instead?
Dragon Lady
Dragon Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  The Slick Lady Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:52 am

We could play one-on-one, yes, but regardless we must do something about membership. Maybe all the increasing activity will summon the older members back? I have my doubts on that point, though. I "approved" the other person who had made an application in the last few months. Maybe I should pop them on the older posts, see if anyone notices?

The Slick Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Lady Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:14 am

That sounds like a logical plan. I can just imagine everyone's characters bursting out of their graves to come back to play XD

I wonder ... there has to be a way to advertise this RP, to generate more members if we can't get the older ones back. I'm no banner maker, but we could always advertise it in signatures on other sites.

Something tells me our two would rather avoid each other unless forced to work together by the others on here, anyway.
Dragon Lady
Dragon Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  The Slick Lady Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:48 pm

I have been trying to think of some way to advert this place, but I have no clue as to where to begin. I wish I had admin rights somehow, I think it might make it a little easier. Alas, I don't think that's going to happen.

You have a good point. These two would probably rather not meet up without extraordinary circumstances.

The Slick Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum