Taking Inventory

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Taking Inventory

Post  The Brazen Bull on Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:45 am

The Brazen Bull groaned beneath his face guard as the elevator doors dinged open, revealing the armory. Glint had asked him to take inventory; having never seen the armory, and having been presented with the choice of inventory or an eight hour shift in the Security Room, he grudgingly agreed.

He regretted it now.

Before him spread shelves and shelves of devices he couldn't even begin to find a use for. There were guns of all makes, archaic looking steel weapons, little electric devices... The Brazen Bull cocked one eyebrow and picked up a little square device that looked like an MP3 player. There was a single button on it's face, and he pressed it. A searing beam of energy shot from the device, striking a shelve behind him and melting it. Brazen Bull dropped the device in surprize. "God, who makes this stuff?" he grumbled.
The Brazen Bull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Inventory

Post  Blue Sunday on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:53 am

Blue Sunday entered the armory, and noticed Brazen Bull and kept walking. He walked to a shelf near the door, grabbed a rifle and headed out. He looked at Brazen Bull for a moment, then stopped. "Security duty." Then clamly walked out, gun in hand
Blue Sunday

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull on Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:08 am

The Brazen Bull's eyes widened. "Blue Sunday, come back here with that!" he said, following him. "Those need to be checked out. Hold on--there's some, ah... paper work." He paused. Glint had told him something about paperwork. He hadn't been listening to the specifics. Whatever the proper protocol was, he was certain it involved not letting Blue Sunday have weapons. Yeah... he was pretty certain about that.
The Brazen Bull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Obscuritia on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:13 am

Obscuritia caught herself when the elevator stopped suddenly. The doors opened so she quickly walked out, I haven't been on on of those for a while. I guess I'm gonna have to get used to that.
She walked on to find the Brazen Bull, "Hello?"
Obscuritia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:19 am

The Brazen Bull looked up from the clipboard he had been staring at, trying to make sense of the inventory sheet. Between his Spartan-style helm and the metal mask over his mouth, all that were visible were his eyes, obscured by the shadows cast by the former. He narrowed his eyes at Obscuritia warily.

Glint was in the lobby. Obviously he'd let her come up here. Still, the world was full of dangers, so one could never be sure...

"No one gets to check out any rifles until I find the forms," said Brazen Bull gruffly.
The Brazen Bull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Obscuritia on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:26 am

"Alrighty..." Obscuritia looked warily at the Brazen Bull. She was a bit worried that he was just going to punch her right now. She stood her ground and hoped that he assumed she was new. "Did you leave them in here?" She tucked some of her red hair behind her ear so it wouldn't get in her face when she was talking.
Obscuritia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:35 am

Brazen Bull narrowed his eyes farther. "I'm not a little kid," he growled. "I don't need to be talked through finding them."

He turned around and took a few heavy steps deeper into the armory. "Who are you, anyway? And what do you want?"
The Brazen Bull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Obscuritia on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:41 am

"I'm a new Crusader." She hesitated to follow him but she started to anyway. "My name is Obscuritia, Glint told me to lend you a hand." She followed her instinct not to walk any further.

If I get anymore on his nerves I might just get eaten by him. She slightly smiled when she thought that but quickly wiped the expression from her face.
Obscuritia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:44 am

"Hn. Glint." The Brazen Bull said the name with contempt. "Obscuritia, eh? That's a stupid name. You know what any of this stuff is?"

He motioned with one large, gauntletted hand to a rack full of various devices of no obvious use. Some looked like everyday objects, roughly the same size and shape but with distinct differences.
The Brazen Bull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Obscuritia on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:51 am

She ignored his comment about her name and looked at the strange devices. "Well..." She hesitated again. "No, I don't." She knew that they weren't going to get along, but she could at least try. "I'm not going to lie because I am not very good at it..."

She looked at each one closely then turned to the Brazen Bull, "If I am interrupting your work I can just leave." She didn't want to be a threat to him but she was getting a little irritated with his rude remarks.
Obscuritia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:57 am

"Work?" He snorted. "I have no goddamned idea what any of this is, or what it has to do with keeping Aurora City safe. This isn't work--it's a goddamned punishment." He looked down at the clipboard. "Does anything here look like... a Molecular Depolarizer to you?"

He scowled at the clipboard. "I hope you're a scientist, girl, because I certainly am not."
The Brazen Bull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Obscuritia on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:06 am

She sighed, "Sadly, I'm not." she muttered. She had no idea what the device they were looking for looked like. She didn't want to touch anything, just incase something exploded if touched.

"It feels like I'm in a minefield..." She turned back towards the devices and searched for some sort of label. Nope, nothing. Just a bunch of weird, high-tech objects that she had no idea how to use.
Obscuritia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:14 am

Brazen Bull flipped through the sheets on his clipboard, stepping deeper into the armory. He glanced at a shelf full of bladed weapons. "Ah. Now there's something I can make sense of," he said, mostly to himself. "Let's see--ten machetes, three claymores, five scimitars... Wonder why Glint thinks we're going to need scimitars?--fourteen handaxes... Jesus Christ--this thing reads like the world's most demented shopping list..."
The Brazen Bull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Obscuritia on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:19 am

"What are we going to do? Chop people's heads off?" It was quite the collection of weaponry, she had to admit that.
Obscuritia preferred just hand to hand combat not all this... high-tech stuff. Gadgets don't really work out with her, she always found a way to almost kill herself with them. Guns were easy to use, blades were a bit more difficult but they were simple.
Obscuritia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:27 am

Brazen Bull checked a few things off on his clipboard. He knew what most of the archaic weapons were. He knew quite a few of the guns. The rest he had no idea about.

Unfortunately, most of the weaponds in the room fell under the 'the rest' category.

He slid his helm up slightly so he could reach one hand under it to rub his eyes. "Jesus Christ," he muttered. "We need to start figuring out what these things are..." He pointed to a stack of vaguely gun shaped objects made of black and white plastic. "Here, grab one of those, and point it at some empty space. I'll see if I can't just guess what it is by what it does. Ah, fire it, or whatever you do with those... whatever they ares."
The Brazen Bull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Obscuritia on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:33 am

Obscuritia grabbed one of the devices, "Alright, if I blow up this building I'm blaming you."

She clicked a button on the device, fire bursted from it making Obscuritia jump.

"Wow." she said simply. She released the button, the fire disappeared. "That wasn't to bad." she said smiling slightly. She was pleased that she didn't kill anyone.
Obscuritia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:38 am

"Hm." The Brazen Bull ran his pencil down the page. "Mass incinerator? Maybe. ...Oh. Firegun? Yeah, that sounds 'bout right." He glanced at the shelf, counting the devices. "Nineteen of those. There--go try one of those green... wand looking dealies over there. And don't point it at anything flammable. Because, Jesus Christ, if those are the mass incinerators..."
The Brazen Bull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Obscuritia on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:50 am

"That makes me feel safe." she grabbed one of the-- or how the Brazen Bull says it-- green wand dealies and pointed it at a wall. It didn't do anything.

"Hmm..."

She shook it, a bolt of lightning zapped out of it. The static made her hair stand a bit up, "Wow."

She gently placed the weird lightning device down and tried to make her hair lay down normally.
Obscuritia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:57 am

"Letsee... Ah. Probably stun rods, huh?" he said, and, counting them, wrote down a number. "Christ," he muttered to himself. "This is like being a rookie doing paperwork all over again. Jesus Christ." He looked around. And then motioned vaguely to some innocent looking black balls--about the size of dodgeballs--with a couple of buttons in them. "How 'bout those next?"
The Brazen Bull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Obscuritia on Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:04 am

"Should I throw it?" She picked one up, it wasn't to heavy. She threw it up then caught it. "Against the wall maybe?"
Obscuritia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull on Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:07 am

"Yeah, sure," mumbled Brazen Bull. "Just... Not a very expensive looking wall. You know. In case it explodes."
The Brazen Bull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Obscuritia on Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:11 am

"Alright."

She aimed at a wall that had nothing against it and threw it. It didn't explode, a thick mass of purple smoke emerged from it when it struck the wall.

"I sure hope that's a smoke screen..."
Obscuritia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull on Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:15 am

"You might want to step back in case it's not," said Brazen Bull. He had a mask over his mouth and nose. He wasn't too concerned about it. He checked the list. Smoke bomb. Maybe? Oh well. He counted and checked it off. "There, ah... How about that cannon looking thing? Jesus Christ, I mean--there are six different types of cannon on this list. Where did Glint get all these goddamned things?"
The Brazen Bull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Obscuritia on Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:21 am

Obscuritia took a step back, "Um... Are you sure that's a smoke bomb?" She took another step back. She didn't want to breathe in any poisonous gases.

She glanced at the cannons, "Maybe he knows a guy who makes them..."
Obscuritia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull on Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:30 am

"Well, he was an astronaut, I guess," said Brazen Bull. "At least, he tells me he was every goddamned chance he gets... Look, here. If you're worried about the smoke, you can borrow my mouth guard." He reached beneath his helm and pulled the mouth guard free. His face was still relatively well obscured without it. "Now pick up that cannon and shoot it."
The Brazen Bull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum