Heroes of Aurora City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Not Howling at the Moon

2 posters

Go down

I'm Not Howling at the Moon Empty I'm Not Howling at the Moon

Post  Weerwolven Sun May 10, 2009 7:56 pm

Weerwolven stood on top of an old rundown apartment building. It was creaking with age because of Weerwolven's weight. It wasn't the smartest thing to do but he would rather prefer to stay out of the streets as much as he could. He didn't want to make the front page of the newspaper because of his appearance. He stood tall and straight with his arms crossed. He glared at the scene, focusing hard. He was listening for screams, yelling, anything. Finally he heard something, talking. Loud talking. A bit of bitterness in a man's voice. His comment wasn't answered. Footsteps, yes, clearly footsteps. He was a large man by the sound of it. Sounded suspicious. Weerwolven waited for him to be visible, it sounded like he was coming this way.

"Wait," he grumbled. Softer footsteps. From a child maybe? He looked down to see a young girl running past the apartment building. Running from something. The man maybe? He wanted to help the child but she was already long gone, "Damn, she is fast," he muttered to himself. The man's footsteps came closer. Yes, he was following the girl. No, chasing the girl. Weerwolven couldn't see him but he was definitely far behind the girl. He would probably never catch her.

He was visible now, kicking trash cans. Muttering under his breath. Weerwolven knew who it was: the Brazen Bull. Heard of him. The Crusaders were everywhere on the news. Fighting bad guys seemed to be their big thing. Flashy was a good way to describe them in Weerwolven's mind, but Weerwolven never seen this before... The Brazen Bull actually losing a chase. "First time I've seen this," said Weerwolven. His voice was a bit scratchy, but it was loud too.

Last edited by Weerwolven on Sun May 10, 2009 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : o.e)
Weerwolven
Weerwolven

Back to top Go down

I'm Not Howling at the Moon Empty Re: I'm Not Howling at the Moon

Post  The Brazen Bull Mon May 11, 2009 2:16 am

Brazen Bull's head jerked up toward the sound. Finding the source of it, his eyes widened and he drew his arms up into a fighting stance. Had he been lured by that little kid into an ambush? He wasn't going to go down without a fight. But that--that thing--looked pretty tough. With luck, his armor would protect him from any fatal blows. It did cover all the key areas.

Of course, his armor was made for fighting men, not beasts.
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Weerwolven Mon May 11, 2009 3:37 am

Weerwolven chuckled, his voice was deep and loud. "Easy there, I'm not here to fight," said Weerwolven tilting his head to the side, much like a dog. He grinned showing his fatal teeth. "I suppose you aren't used to looking at wolves in a city huh?" He chuckled again and jumped off the small old apartment building. Good thing he did this because that apartment looked like it would have broken from his weight at any minute. He stood straight and tall again, trying to be his full height so that the Brazen Bull would think twice before trying to strike him. Just in case.
Weerwolven
Weerwolven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Mon May 11, 2009 4:10 am

"We have a zoo," said Brazen Bull warily. If he was intimidated he didn't show it physically. He kept his fighting stance. His raised arms show cased the spikes at his wrists and elbows, and his horns glistened in the dim light. If it came to a fight, he was ready to fight a little dirty. "Who are you? What do you want with me?"
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Weerwolven Mon May 11, 2009 4:18 am

"I meant you don't see them roaming free around here. Hmm, I would kinda like that." He crossed his arms and gave the Brazen Bull a toothy grin at the comment. "I'm Weerwolven and I'm just was wondering why you were chasing a little girl." One of his ears twitched. "And lost her?" He looked down the street where he saw the girl run off. "Yeah, definitely lost her."

Last edited by Weerwolven on Mon May 11, 2009 4:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Weerwolven
Weerwolven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Mon May 11, 2009 4:25 am

"She brutally assulted a man," said Brazen Bull. He paused. "...you saw her? Did you see which way she went?"
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Weerwolven Mon May 11, 2009 4:36 am

"She what? That kid assaulted a... man?" He looked at the Brazen Bull as if he was crazy. "Yeah, I saw her. She went that way." He pointed to a nearby alley with a dagger-like claw. "Fast kid, gone before I could even speak. I didn't really want to scare her with my... you know... appearance, so I didn't jump down to ask what was wrong." He sniffed the air, maybe he could find her scent.

He could smell her slightly, she didn't change direction. All humans had distinct scents, but hers was somehow different. He didn't like it. Her scent smelled bittersweet. It was the only way to describe it. He stopped and looked back at the Brazen Bull. "Can I help?"
Weerwolven
Weerwolven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Mon May 11, 2009 5:13 am

"Help? Yeah, sure; whatever floats your boat, wolfy," said Brazen Bull, starting off in the indicated direction. "You got dog senses or something? Something useful? That girl's some sort of..." He paused, deciding maybe 'monster' or 'freak' wasn't the most diplomatic words he could use in this collosal wolf-man's company. "...some sort of psychic."
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Weerwolven Mon May 11, 2009 5:26 am

"Yeah, her scent is pretty far away but, she hasn't changed direction yet." He gave the Brazen Bull a irritated look, "Your the third person to call me wolfy." He started to follow the Brazen Bull, hoping no one else would see him.
Weerwolven
Weerwolven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Mon May 11, 2009 5:30 am

"Well, I wonder why," mumbled Brazen Bull, starting along. "You tell me when it changes directions, alright--uh..." He paused, not quite remembering how Weerwolven had said his name. "Alright, Werewolfin?"

He moved at a walking pace. There was no need to run if he could track the girl, and it'd do him good to conserve his energy for when he found her. He was already feeling kind of batter up, and running needlessly would do no good for that.
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Weerwolven Mon May 11, 2009 5:39 am

"It? Are we dealing with an alien here?" he chuckled and sniffed the air, she was still going the same direction. Or maybe she had stopped, that would be a more reasonable explanation to why her scent hasn't changed direction.

His left ear twitched.

He growled when he heard a woman scream, she wasn't far away. In the alley to the left maybe? "Hear that?" he mumbled.

((Trying to create some action. ^.^))
Weerwolven
Weerwolven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Mon May 11, 2009 10:53 pm

Brazen Bull did not reply, but, instead, he was off and running toward the sound. It seemed he had, in fact, heard it. His boots made no sound as he ran. They were designed to get the drop on a perp in situations like this.
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Weerwolven Mon May 11, 2009 11:00 pm

Weerwolven snarled when he heard the woman scream again. Teeth bared, he dropped to four legs to run. Running on four legs made him go faster than running on two.
Weerwolven
Weerwolven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Tue May 12, 2009 1:29 pm

The Brazen Bull glanced sideways at Weerwolven. Despite his appearance, his manner had been quite civil, so it was mildly shocking--very mildly--to the Bull that he should run like a beast. Brazen Bull said nothing about it, however, as they neared the source of the sound.
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Weerwolven Tue May 12, 2009 11:40 pm

Weerwolven turned sharply into a alley, almost hitting the alley's wall in the process. He growled when he saw a poor woman being mugged by two men. One man was holding a gun up and demanding for her purse. The other turned to look at Weerwolven and his eyes widened once he saw him.

"What the fuck is that?!" shouted the man that was staring at him. The other man didn't reply, he was too busy demanding for the woman's earrings. Weerwolven made a deep growling noise at the back of his throat. He then lundged at the man who had the gun. The man screamed with shock and fired randomly.

"Knock it off," snarled Weerwolven, holding him up againist the wall. The man dropped the gun and held his hands up. "Look man... Or whatever you are! I-I was just... W-Well I was..." The man stumbled with his words, trying to put a decent excuse together, but it wasn't working.
Weerwolven
Weerwolven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Wed May 13, 2009 4:25 am

A few seconds behind WeerWolven, Brazen Bull came bursting into the alley. He threw a punch at the man who had been staring, hitting him soundly in the jaw. A crack resounded through the alley. There were bronze plates on the inside of the Bull's gloves.
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Weerwolven Wed May 13, 2009 11:37 am

Weerwolven right ear twitched slightly at the sound of the man's jaw being broken. Sounded painful.

Weerwolven was face to face with the criminal. His teeth were bared making the man squirm more. "I said knock it off," Weerwolven growled. Little did Weerwolven know that the woman had grabbed the gun behind Weerwolven and was pointing it at his back. Weerwolven turned his head in her direction and flattened his ears. "Dammit," he grumbled, "A planned attack."

The woman smirked, "Look, wolfy, I don't like freaks like you and the Brazen Bull, running around trying to help, so I decided to do something about it." She laughed but she looked quite nervous. Her hands were shaking slightly, almost unnoticeable.

"Ehh," grumbled Weerwolven, "Wolfy. I don't like that word." What the hell was this lady's problem? They were trying to help civilians.
"You cause so much destruction and bloodshed, but not any more." The woman's voice sounded like it was shaking. She turned to the Brazen Bull and pointed the gun at him then hesitated and pointed the gun at back at Weerwolven.
Weerwolven
Weerwolven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Wed May 13, 2009 2:10 pm

The Brazen Bull knew there were only two options--try to negotiate with the woman, or try to disarm her. Negotiation had never been one of his strong points. Disarming people was, though. As soon as she pointed the gun away from him, he lunged, drawing back his fist. If she fired, he hoped it would be at him and not Weerwolven; after all, he had armor, and a chance of the bullet being stopped on it.
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Weerwolven Wed May 13, 2009 8:52 pm

Weerwolven threw the man out of his way forcefully. The man hit the alley's wall, knocking him out.

Once the Brazen Bull lunged at the woman she panicked and fired randomly. Weerwolven made a small yelp and growled, "God dammit, lady."
He had been shot in the arm. It didn't hurt Weerwolven much but it would be harder to move his arm which he would need for running. He grunted and walked over calmly to the knocked out man. He grabbed the man's jacket forcefully and tore a long piece of it off. Mumbling something unkind, he tied the wounded part of his arm, hoping it would stop the bleeding. Weerwolven was glad, however, that it was just a flesh wound. It could have been worse.
Weerwolven
Weerwolven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Thu May 14, 2009 1:10 am

The Brazen Bull subdued the woman the same way he subdued any criminal--by giving her a couple hard punches and kicks. When she was down, he pulled some zip ties out of his belt and tied her hands and those of her ...accomplaces. He still couldn't believe this was a set-up.

People did crazy things in this town. And just when he thought he'd seen it all...

The Bull looked at WeerWolven, noticing he was injured. "You need that bullet removed," he said. "Else it'll get infected. You gonna go to the hospital?"
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Weerwolven Thu May 14, 2009 1:34 am

"I'm fine," said Weerwolven. "Trying not to scare people with my, uh, appearance."
Weerwolven
Weerwolven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Thu May 14, 2009 4:21 am

"If the bullet passed through, you wouldn't be saying you were fine," said Brazen Bull. "And if the bullet's still in your arm, you're not fine." He crossed his arms. It was a valid point however. The man was a monster. "...there are medical supplies in the Society's headquarters. Why don't you come with me over there, and I guess I can dig it out for you."
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Weerwolven Thu May 14, 2009 4:29 am

Weerwolven hesitated then nodded. "Yeah, thanks." He looked at the torn jacket tied around his arm and sighed. "I guess that would be a smart thing to do." He had been shot before, but he was a human then.
Weerwolven
Weerwolven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brazen Bull Thu May 14, 2009 1:56 pm

Brazen Bull started down the alley toward the nearest road, his former persuit of Jane forgotten. The road was empty, save for a few winos and bums, hunched over in doorways and laying crumpled on the sidewalk--and if these noticed the pair of vigilantes, they gave no sign of it. The buildings of the commercial district jetted up over the smaller buildings of the slums, and at the top of the mountain of glass and steel was the Society of Crusaders' tower.
The Brazen Bull
The Brazen Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum